The current FHS Building Project began nearly three years ago, in May of 2018.
In hundreds of hours of meetings and work sessions, where public comment was both welcomed and encouraged, the FHS Building Committee has:
- Reviewed a new survey of the community’s interest and willingness to address the facility’s needs
- Ad Hoc Committee Survey Results: Findings & Recommendations – November 27, 2018
- Examined the Town’s finances and fiscal readiness to undertake a project
- Identified and assessed potential alternative sites for a new facility
- Engaged two architects in a competitive process
- Received in January 2020 the architects’ conceptual design proposals along with initial cost estimates for three options:
The result has been a public, open, and transparent process led by an FHS Building Committee dedicated to developing a comprehensive, fiscally responsible plan to address the deficiencies of the current FHS facility.
The FHS Building Committee met on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 to review all the conceptual design proposals and determine a recommendation for Town Council. After two hours of public comments followed by another two-and-a-half-hours of careful deliberation, the FHS Building Committee voted unanimously to recommend the New Build Option presented by TSKP. Town Council voted unanimously on February 4, 2020 to accept that that recommendation and to set a net municipal cost of $105-$110 million.
To learn more about the current FHS Building Committee, visit our Full History page.